Back to Basics
At Minds Matter, we believe in getting back to the basics. Here’s a summary of our philosophy.
- Minds Matter believes in the opportunity to relearn, reinvent, and reconnect, at home.
- People with brain injuries and their families are the experts in their own life.
- All rehabilitation plans and decisions are made with the person at the center of the process.
- We collaborate with you and chosen family or supports to create meaningful connections in your community.
- Our functional rehabilitation approach is designed to give control back to you by listening, understanding and responding so that you can live your life, your way.
Minds Matter provides several services that lead you on a path to gaining confidence and achieving your goals!
- We offer a follow-along program to help you navigate the system from hospital to home and help you overcome any barriers in between.
- We can help you promote accessibility, safety and independence within your home by evaluating and recommending the necessary modifications.
- Once home, we offer a variety of therapy services to help you meet your goals and achieve the highest level of independence possible. Therapies include physical, occupational, speech, cognitive, behavioral, and independent living skills.
- From day one, we tailor our therapy services to support achievement of the goals you have for home, community, and employment.
What sets us apart?
- Specialization. Our staff have been working with survivors of brain injury for over two decades.
- Training. Our staff are provided with ongoing training specifically focused on brain injury from experts in the field. Additionally, we have many therapists that have achieved the Certified Brain Injury Specialist designation, which demonstrates their level of expertise in best practices of brain injury rehabilitation.
- Choice. We have a dynamic therapy team that allows us to match each person with the therapist that is best suited to their rehabilitation needs.
- Control. We will partner with you in learning how to best build and manage the team that is frequently in your home.
- Advocate. Each person we work with is assigned a Minds Matter Care Coordinator to manage their services and support them in communicating their needs with outside entities.
To learn more about how Minds Matter can serve you or someone you love, call us at 866-429-6757 or send us a message on our Contact Us page.