Do you want to live at home?
There’s no place like home – especially for individuals who have experienced extended stays in hospitals and rehabilitation facilities. We understand your desire to return home and we’ll work with you to make it happen.
Minds Matter LLC believes everyone can create a meaningful life in their community and we have been helping people do so for more than twenty years. We can help you reinvent your surroundings so it’s possible to live, work and play comfortably and capably in your community. We begin by learning about your needs and challenges along with your goals and dreams. Then, we assess your environment and identify obstacles that may stand in the way of success. A few minor changes – added equipment, structural changes and assistive technology – can make a big difference as you pursue your goals.
Independent living doesn’t mean living in isolation or doing everything on your own. It means having opportunities to make lifestyle choices – the same kinds of opportunities that other members of your community enjoy.
Sometimes it’s necessary to learn new approaches or strategies for accomplishing tasks. Our team will work with you to identify barriers and create solutions that work.
Here are some questions to begin the process:
- What daily routines and tasks are important to me?
- Is my home safe and comfortable?
- How can I connect with friends and neighbors?
With the aid of specialized devices and equipment, it’s possible to perform a wide range of tasks. Individuals who face challenges with mobility, communication or management of household responsibilities can increase their independence with assistive technology.
What do you want to accomplish? Our therapists will work with you to make it happen.
- If there’s an activity, a hobby or an employment opportunity that you wish to pursue, we can help you overcome the obstacles you encounter.
- We listen to your goals, assess your current abilities and then recommend equipment or technology that will take you where you want to go.
- With training, practice and the right equipment, it’s possible to rise above perceived limitations and take charge of your life.
Kansas has a great program called Money Follows the Person. You can receive funds to move from a skilled nursing facility to your own home. You can also have assessments and modifications to make your new place accessible. Give us a call today so we can assist you in your journey home.
You can reach us at (866) 429-6757.