Occupational Therapy (OT)
Occupational therapy supports you in achieving independence and satisfaction in all facets of life. Your licensed and trained occupational therapist (OT) guides you through activities and strategies in your home and community that help you:
- Improve cognitive, physical and motor capabilities
- Develop memory skills
- Complete daily activities and resume routines
- Perform tasks such as grocery shopping, cooking, bathing and dressing
- Learn to use adaptive equipment such as a shower bench, reacher, etc.
- Live safely
- Gain a sense of accomplishment and confidence
- Pursue hobbies, interests and passions
Occupational therapists also conduct comprehensive home and job site evaluations and recommend adaptive technologies and equipment that promote independence.
Click here to read about why Erin Burgert, OTR/L, Assistant Director of Rehab Services, enjoys providing Occupational Therapy services through Minds Matter, LLC. To her, it’s all about creating meaningful routines.